Here are some really quick and easy Easter DIY Craft ideas to make your home or dinner table a Spring masterpiece. I’ve rummaged my craft room and put together my 10 favourite decorating ideas. Before we get started, I recommend you to use sugru because the glue is brilliant and has worked wonders for me,
1. To make an easy Easter tree, fill a plant pot or attractive planter with soil or sand. Plunge twigs into the base and cover the soil or stand with straw or Moss. You can then hang Easter egg decorations on to your new tree!
2. An Easter wreath is very versatile and doesn’t only have to be displayed on a door or wall. You can place the wreath flat in the middle of a dinner table which makes a great centrepiece.
You can then place a plant, jug of flowers or bowl of eggs in the centre of the wreath
3. Add an instant spring theme to your dinner table by tying feathers, a fresh flower or foliage into your napkins with some strands of raffia or a length of ribbon
4. Pom poms can be easily made with a few sheets of tissue. For this project you will need roughly 10 sheets of tissue, some sharp scissors and some craft wire. They make an ideal decoration for the table, hanging from a chandelier or window (follow our step by step pom-pom tutorial)
5. Wrap up plants with small panels of fabric, netting or paper tablecloths and secure with ribbon or raffia.
6. Make it quick and easy ribbon flags using kebab sticks and remnants of ribbon. These will look great added to plants or tied in to napkins.
Here we have used some Pink and Brown Stripe ribbon.
7. Wrap spring bulbs in napkins or a kitchen cloth with ric rac for an inexpensive gift. These look great in an Easter basket for a neighbour or for place settings.
8. If you are trying to cut costs or calories, you can bag up a small collection of home-made treats and tie with ribbon and a tag in some decorative cellophane bags. The recipient will love this home made creation.
9. In a hurry to decorate your table? Place an elegant bowl in the centre of your table and add eggs, twigs and raffia. They can be artificial decorations or simply paint plain fresh eggs with a paint tester pot
10. Make some miniature bunting with a length of fine string or thread. Cut up small pieces of ribbon, at double sided tape and fold them in half over the string or twine. Cut the ends into an angle. This is ideal for decorating cakes and adding over small mirrors or a mantelpiece. It is also a brilliant way of using those small offcuts and roll ends of your favourite ribbon. In this project I have used some pink and white spotty ribbon
…or why not go larger in scale and make some of your own bunting. You can recycle duvet covers, bed sheets, tea towels and old napkins in this project.
Don’t forget that I have some great ideas on my Spring and Easter Pinterest Board, and I’d love to hear what you are making over the Easter holidays!